The Nets recovered from an ugly start to take a brief lead midway through the second quarter, but the Bucks took control with a 7-0 run and opened things up with a 15-4 start to the second half. The Nets cut the lead down to seven midway through the fourth and down to five with a minute left, but each time, their run was stopped with a Milwaukee three.
In addition to their offensive woes, the Nets couldn't stop Ersan Ilyasova, who scored 29 points and grabbed 25 rebounds. Both were career highs and the 25 boards equaled the NBA one-game high for the season.
Deron Williams led the Nets with 26 points and six assists. Anthony Morrow added 17 points off the bench, but the Nets' other five reserves shot 1-for-14. MarShon Brooks (3-for-14) also struggled. Lopez had nine points, two rebounds, two assists and one block in 22 minutes. He shot just 2-for-7 from the field and 5-for-11 from the line.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Bucks vs. Nets (Video) - NBA.com
Ilyasova has 20-20 night to lead Bucks over Nets - AP
- Nets fall to Bucks despite return of Lopez - Mike Vornukov - Star-Ledger
Lopez struggles in return; Nets fall to Bucks - Mark Hale - New York Post
- Brook Lopez returns from injury but can't bring NJ Nets to victory - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Brook Lopez returns, but Nets stumble against Bucks - Andy Vasquez - The Record
Nets notes: Who's that? - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Rapid Reaction: Bucks 92, Nets 85 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Lopez rusty in season debut - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
'Turkish Thunder' goes 'Ersane' - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Gordon Damer - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Deron Williams Interview (Video) - YES Network
NETS Game Center (Game 33) - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
Ilyasova helps Bucks rebound for 92-85 victory - Charles F. Gardner - Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel