One game short of the season mid-point, Brook Lopez is likely to play his first game. That in itself is reason to be excited about Saturday's matinee vs. the Bulls. Of course, it's also another opportunity for the Nets to end their eight-game losing streak. It won't be easy.
Derrick Rose, who wasn't supposed to play the last time the two teams met but did, may or may not play Saturday. He's been out for four games with a bad back, but Tom Thibodeau says he'll have to get medical clearance and be pain free. "Each day he has gotten better, he’s done more. We’re just going step by step," said Thibodeau.
For the Nets, they'll have 12 players for the first time since January 29. Damian James is out for the season. Mehmet Okur is out till after the All-Star Game and Shawne Williams is game to game. Also, Saturday is the first the Nets' second back-to-back-back. They'll play the Bucks on Sunday at home and the Knicks at the Garden.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Chicago Bulls Game Notes - Chicago Bulls
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Chicago Bulls - Sports Xchange
- Nets-Bulls Preview - Kate Hedlin - Stats LLC
Lopez return to action near — to Nets’ relief - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Brook Lopez might return to Nets linuep today - Andy Vasquez - The Record
Nets' Brook Lopez expected to return today, giving team hope - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Luol Deng, depth and defense keeping Chicago Bulls at head of the pack - K.C. Johnson - Chicago Tribune
- Derrick Rose picks up the pace during light practice, might play against Nets - Neil Hayes - Chicago Sun-Times
Even with success, Bulls longing to be at full strength - Steve Aschburner - NBA.com
Rose’s return getting closer - Mike McGraw - Chicago Daily Herald