For the second straight night, the Nets held a double-digit lead over a good team. And for the second straight night, they couldn't make the plays down the stretch to end their losing streak, which now stands at eight games after a 93-88 loss to the Pacers in Indiana.
The Nets led by 11 late in the first quarter, but a 15-0 Pacers run gave them the lead in the second, and the score was tied at 50 at the half. It was tied at 69 early in the fourth period, but the Pacers took control with a 9-2 run and led by nine with less than two minutes to go. The Nets cut the lead down to three with 26 seconds left, but had to foul after that, and never got a chance to tie.
After shooting 57 percent in the first half, the Nets shot just 15-for-40 in the final 24 minutes. They shot just 4-for-17 from 3-point range for the game and committed 20 turnovers for the second straight night. Deron Williams led them with 29 points on 10-for-24 shooting. Kris Humphries had one of his best games of the season, scoring 24 points, grabbing 10 rebounds, and blocking three shots. MarShon Brooks added 14 points, but shot just 6-for-16.
The victory ended the Pacers' five-game losing streak. Playing the third of three straight nights, they were led by Danny Granger's 32 points.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Nets vs. Pacers (Video) - NBA.com
- Pacers end 5-game skid with 93-88 win over Nets - Michael Marot - AP
Notebook: Pacers 93, Nets 88 - Conrad Brunner - NBA.com
- Nets will soon see return of Lopez but it may be too late - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets skid hits 8 - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Nets’ Brooks could light it up in Rising Stars Challenge - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Nets' losing streak hits eighth with loss to the Pacers - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets hang tough against Pacers, but wilt down the stretch - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets' losing streak hits eighth with loss to the Pacers - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
NETS: NETS Game Center (Game 31) - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
Indiana Pacers finally find a win, beat New Jersey Nets 93-88 - Mike Wells - Indianapolis Star