The Nets announced Tuesday morning that both Brook Lopez and Reggie Evans will miss Tuesday night's game against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Lopez is still recovering from a mild sprain of his right foot, suffered in last Wednesday's win over the Celtics. Avery Johnson has said that he wants Lopez to practice before playing, and the center could be available for Friday's game against the Warriors.
Evans is suffering from the flu and will miss his first game of the season.
"That's a big blow for our team," Avery Johnson said. "Reggie is our enforcer, rebounder, best pick & roll defender."
Evans' absence leaves the Nets with only three big men available against OKC: Andray Blatche, Kris Humphries and Mirza Teletovic. Gerald Wallace can play PF but he will have hands full with Kevin Durant, something he knows all about.
- Nets without Lopez, Evans against Thunder - AP
- Avery Johnson to Nets fans: We "need" you tonight - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
- Reggie Evans out versus Thunder - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets without Lopez, Evans against Thunder - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets-Thunder: Four Reasons To Watch - Devin Kharpertian - The Brooklyn Game
- Kevin Durant faces nemesis Gerald Wallace as Thunder visit Nets - Sean Deveney - Sporting News
- Westbrook Delivers On Both Sides - Sekou Smith - NBA.com
- Russell Westbrook To Debut New Jordan XX8 Against Nets in Brooklyn - Moke Hamilton - SNY