The Nets' five-game losing streak is over, but the end didn't come as easily as it should have, as they struggled to a 94-88 victory over a depleted 4-18 team in Toronto on Wednesday.
The Nets trailed by eight after a brutal first half in which they shot 36 percent and committed 11 turnovers. The Raptors led by as many as 11 early in the third quarter, but the Nets outscored them 23-7 over the next seven minutes to take control. A 14-4 run to start the fourth quarter put them up 14 and they held on for a six-point victory.
A night after shooting 4-for-18 from three-point range against the Knicks and then 1-for-8 in the first half, the Nets made nine of their 11 threes in the final 24 minutes. They also outscored the Raptors 26-10 at the foul line.
Joe Johnson led the way with 23 points on 7-for-14 shooting. C.J. Watson provided a lift off the bench, shooting 4-for-4 on threes and scoring 16 points. Andray Blatche added 14 points and nine rebounds, while Reggie Evans grabbed double-digit boards for the ninth time this season. Deron Williams struggled once again, scoring just 12 points on 5-for-16 from the field.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Nets vs. Raptors (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets vs. Raptors: First half (Video) - NBA.com
- Johnson scores 23 as Nets beat Raptors 94-88 - Ian Harrison - AP
- Nets Post Game Plus (Video) - YES Network
- Avery Johnson talks about the team coming alive (Video) - YES Network
- Deron Williams the importance of Wednesday's win (Video) - YES Network
- Joe Johnson talks about the Nets' tough victory (Video) - Sarah Kustok - YES Network
- Nets End Losing Skid, but It’s Not Easy - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Nets use passports to get a win, snap 5-game losing streak - Filip Bondy - NY Daily News
- Nets beat Raptors to end five-game losing streak - Steve Zipay - Newsday
- Nets struggle before ending five-game dive - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Brooklyn leaves 3-point trey-gedy behind - New York Post
- Rapid Reaction: Nets 94, Raptors 88 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Rapid Recap: Nets 94 , Raptors 88 - John Paolantonio - SNY
- NBA referee blocks Nets forward Kris Humpries (Video) - Adi Joseph - USA Today
- NBA referee Kirkland attempts to block free throw by Nets’ Humphries - Ben Golliver - Sports Illustrated
- Toronto Raptors fall to Brooklyn Nets, 94-88, as losing streak hits six - Cathal Kelly - Toronto Star
- Toronto Raptors lose Andrea Bargnani indefinitely - Neil Davidson - Toronto Star
- Brooklyn Nets Tickets - TiqIQ