The NBA announced Thursday evening that Rajon Rondo has been suspended two games for fighting with Kris Humphries in the Nets' 95-83 win over the Celtics on Wednesday in Boston. In addition, the Nets' Gerald Wallace was fined $35,000 and the Celtics' Kevin Garnett was fined $25,000 "for escalating the altercation." Humphries received no penalty. Earlier in the day, Wallace received a warning from the same league office, claiming he flopped against Carmelo Anthony at the end of the Knicks game.
Rondo will miss games against Portland and Milwaukee.
When Billy King was asked about reports that Jason Terry and Kevin Garnett had criticized Humphries as a fake tough guy, he responded, "Kris is doing a great job for us, so I really could care less what the Celtics say about Kris. I just know what he does for us."
- Celtics' Rondo suspended 2 games for fracas in Boston - NBA.com
- Rondo Suspended; Garnett, Wallace Fined (Video) - NBA.com
- Celtics’ Rajon Rondo Suspended 2 Games for Melee - Peter May - New York Times
Celtics and Kim Kardashian now have a common enemy in Kris Humphries - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
- Celtics' Rivers says Nets' Humphries 'at fault'; Rondo suspended, Wallace, Garnett fined - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Rondo gets two-game suspension - Fran Blinebury - NBA.com
- King disagrees with brawl discipline - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Rajon Rondo gets two-game ban - Chris Forsberg - ESPN Boston
- Rajon Rondo, Kris Humphries: When Tall Men Fight Even Taller Men - Jared Diamond - Wall Street Journal
- Rondo’s Enforcer Mentality Not the Best Use of Point Guard’s Talents (Audio) - Ben Watanabe & Dan Duquette - NESN