Lopez injured the foot in Wednesday's win in Boston. It was fractures in the same foot that caused him to miss 61 of the team's 66 games last season, but x-rays were negative.
The time off means that Andray Blatche who put up 17 and 13 against the Celtics will get the start Friday and that Mirza Teletovic is almost certain to be activated.
The Nets --and Celtics-- are still waiting word from the league offices on any suspensions that could be meted out following the third quarter brawl in Boston Wednesday night.
- Brook Lopez of Brooklyn Nets to miss next two games - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Sprained ankle sidelines Brook - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets' Brook Lopez has mild sprain in right foot - Rod Boone - Newsday
- Nets Say Brook Lopez Will Miss 2 Games With Sprained Foot - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Lopez to sit at least two games with foot sprain - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets C’s injured foot not broken’ - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Brook Lopez will miss Brooklyn Nets’ next two games - Stefan Bondy - NY Daily News
- Brook Lopez out two games (at least) with foot sprain - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
- What Lopez Injury Means for Nets, Blatche and Teletovic - Josh Newman - SNY
- Billy King Discusses Lopez Injury, Rondo Altercation, Joe Johnson and Stackhouse - Josh Newman - SNY