The Heat scored the first 10 points of the game and led by as many as 24 points early in the third quarter. A 19-5 run got the Nets to within 10 late in the third, but they couldn't get to within single digits until there was just two minutes left in the game. And the Heat were able to hold them off for the win.
The Nets shot under 40 percent for the seventh time in their nine games, made just 10 of their 33 3-point attempts, and turned the ball over 22 times. As Deron Williams said post-game, "Our offense sucks."
Kris Humphries tied a career high with 25 points, adding 12 rebounds. Deron Williams recorded a double-double, but shot just 4-for-16. Anthony Morrow and Marshon Brooks each finished in double-figures, while Shelden Williams grabbed 13 boards.
Dwyane Wade sat out, but LeBron James had 32 points (22 in the first quarter), seven rebounds and nine assists for the Heat.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- James dominates in return, Heat beat Nets 101-90 - Brian Mahoney - AP
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Deron Williams Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Shelden Williams Interview (Video) - YES Network
- LeBron James helps Miami Heat rip Nets, 101-90 - Michael J. Fensom - Star-Ledger
- LeBron James scores 22 of game-high 32 points in first quarter of Heat's road victory - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
LeBron James of sizzling Miami Heat shows he doesn't need Dwayne Wade - Tim Smith - New York Daily News
- James Returns to Lead Heat Over the Nets - Jake Appleman - New York Times
- Nets mere subjects to LeBron’s ruthless rule over the court - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
‘Big Three’ co-existing after growing pains - George Willis - New York Post
- Nets can't beat the Heat or LeBron - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- LeBron James sets tone and Nets go quietly - Mark Herrmann - New York Newsday
- Rapid Reaction: Heat 101, Nets 90 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets woes continue - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Heat Reaction: Miami Heat at New Jersey Nets - Tom Haberstroh - ESPN
- LeBron James leads Miami Heat in win over New Jersey Nets - Joseph Goodman - Miami Herald
- Miami Heat rookies Norris Cole, Terrel Harris take advantage of playing time - Mike Vorkunov - Miami Herald
- LeBron James' early scoring binge enough to finish off Nets - Ira Winderman - South Florida Sun Sentinel
- Winderman's view: Heat 101, Nets 90 Ira Winderman - South Florida Sun Sentinel
- Commentary: In return from injury, LeBron James' 32 points lifts Heat to win - Ethan Skolnick - Palm Beach Post
Hobbled Heat still dominant against Nets - Sam Gardner - FOX Sports Florida