The Nets made it clear on Sunday that they aren't quite ready for playoff contention, laying an egg against the Raptors at the Prudential Center. It was Toronto's first win without Andrea Bargnani and Deron Williams' first loss to the Raptors, and it wasn't close.
Toronto led by five at the half and started the third quarter on a 12-2 run to go up 15. The Nets could never put more than one score or stop together in the second half, and Toronto cruised to a 94-73 victory. The Nets shot just 36 percent from the field, while the Raptors shot 52 percent.
Williams led the Nets with 24 points and six assists, but made just eight of his 21 shots. Anthony Morrow added 14 points, but starters DeShawn Stevenson, Kris Humphries and Shelden Williams combined for just five points on 2-for-8 shooting, while MarShon Brooks and Jordan Farmar combined to shoot 6-for-19 off the bench. After being shut down by Stevenson in the first meeting, DeMar DeRozan led Toronto with 27 points.
Stevenson re-injured his right knee in the third quarter and said he won't play Tuesday at Indiana.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Notebook: Raptors 94, Nets 73 - Adam Figman - NBA.com
- DeRozan leads Raptors past Nets - AP
- Nets routed by Raptors to snap two-game winning streak - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets’ Lopez sure of ‘feet’ of strength - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Stevenson says he won’t face Pacers Tuesday because of right knee injury - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets lose to Raptors; winning streak ends at two - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets lose to Toronto Raptors but see return of MarShon Brooks to the lineup - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets winning streak snapped with 94-73 loss to Raptors - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Net notes: MarShon Brooks returns - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Rapid Reaction: Raptors 94, Nets 73 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Homecourt no advantage for Nets - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Raptors' Forbes pulling for good friend Cruz - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Mike Fratello - YES Network
Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Williams, Nets can’t get offense going at home against Raptors - New York Daily News
Deron Williams unhappy with NJ Nets, says team was 'complacent' in loss to Toronto - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets crushed by banged-up Raptors (Post-game Video Inside) - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
- Coach Casey points Raptors in right direction in 94-73 win over Nets - Cathal Kelly - Toronto Star
- DeRozan and Raptors dominate Nets - Canada.com
Raptors – Nets notes 1/29/2012 - Hasan Alanam - Canada.com
- DeRozan nets game-high 27; leads Raptors domination of Nets - TSN
- New-look Raptors beat Nets - Mike Ganter - Toronto Sun
Raptors at New Jersey Nets Points Per Game - Ryan Wolstat - Toronto Sun