With ball movement the best it's been all season, the Nets won their first home game Wednesday, led by Marshon Brooks' career high and double doubles from Deron Williams and Kris Humphries. The game went back and forth for three quarters before the Nets, fueled by their backcourt, broke it open in the fourth, winning 107-100.
Brooks, who had a great all around offensive game on offense, finished with 22 points, eight rebounds and six assists, more than one of them nifty no-looks underneath.
Williams came close to a triple double, with 24 points, 10 assists and eight rebounds while Humphries had 15 rebounds to go with his 18 points. Hump also finished with four blocks.
Three other Nets finished in double figures. Mehmet Okur and Anthony Morrow each had 13 and Shelden Williams had a season-high 10. The Nets shot 50% for the game, 38% from deep and out-rebounded the Warriors, 45-25. Monta Ellis led Golden State with 30.
For all the punditry about how bad he's looked, Deron Williams over the last five games has averaged 20.8 points, 9.6 assists, 3.8 turnovers, shot 42% overall, 52% from deep and had three double-doubles. The Nets are 2-3 over that stretch.
Dmitry Razumov, Mikhail Prokhorov's No. 2 and the man who approves the Nets financial moves, was in from Moscow, sitting next to Brett Yormark in the first half and Billy King in the second.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
First half Hightlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Williams leads Nets past Warriors 107-100 - AP
Notebook: Nets 107, Warriors 100 - Adam Figman - NBA.com
- Arena Link: MarShon Brooks (Video) - NBA.com
Avery on the Victory (Video) - NBA.com
- Deron Williams leads Nets over Golden State Warriors, 107-100 - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets beat Warriors, 107-100, for first home win of the season - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Don't give up on bad-luck Nets just yet - Andy Vasquez - The Record
Deron Williams leads Nets over Golden State Warriors, 107-100 - Kristie Ackert - New York Daily News
Nets beat Warriors for first home win of the season - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Rapid Reaction: Nets 107, Warriors 100 - New Jersey Nets Blog - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Backcourt tandem carries Nets to win - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Deron Williams Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Hofstra's Charles Jenkins fits in with Golden State - John Jeansonne - New York Newsday
- David Lee, Nate Robinson doing well for Golden State - John Jeansonne - New York Newsday
- Flat fourth spoils W's road trip in loss to Nets - Matt Steinmetz - Comcast Sports Net
Monta Ellis has a big night, but Golden State Warriors lose to New Jersey Nets - Marcus Thompson II - San Jose Mercury-News