The Nets rebounded from another ugly start on Monday, but a big comeback fell short, as they finished their road trip at 1-3 with a 101-91 loss to the Clippers.
The Clippers took control with a 16-0 run midway through the first quarter, led by 13 at the half and by 11 at the end of the third. A 15-2 Nets run tied the game with 6:46 left to go in the game, but they came up short on their only chance to take the lead. The Clippers answered with a 6-1 run and Chauncey Billups hit the dagger with just over a minute to go.
The Nets shot 42 percent from the field and 8-for-24 from 3-point range. The difference in the game was rebounding, where the Clippers had a 46-35 advantage.
MarShon Brooks led the Nets with 19 points and eight rebounds. Four other Nets scored in double-figures, including Deron Williams, who made just five of his 14 shots. Shelden Williams fueled the fourth-quarter comeback and finished with eight points and eight boards. Blake Griffin led L.A. with 23 and 14.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Griffin, Clippers beat Nets 101-91 without Paul - AP
Notebook: Clippers 101, Nets 91 - David Arritt - NBA.com
- Nets fall to Clippers, 101-91, end road trip with 1-3 record - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets' DeShawn Stevenson fouls Blake Griffin to send a message - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets mount comeback but it’s not enough - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets defeated by Clippers, 101-91 - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Calls make Kris cross in Nets loss - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Stevenson talks to Nets' Brooks about comments - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
- Nets rally late, but still get Clipped in L.A. - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets notes: D-Will Olympic finalist - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets comeback to Clippers falls short - Andy Vasquez - NJ Nets Nation
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ryan Ruocco - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- DeShawn Stevenson Interview (Video) - YES Network
Chauncey Billups is the big shot in Clippers' 101-91 win - Broderick Turner - Los Angeles Times
- Final: Clippers 101 – Nets 91 - Clippers blog - Dan Woike - Orange County Register
CLIPPERS 101, NEW JERSEY 91: New acquisitions pull together without injured Paul - John Wareham - Los Angeles Daily News
- Butler steps up in Paul's absence - Arash Markazi - ESPN LA
- Play of the Day - Blake Griffin (Video) - NBA.com
- Dunk of the Night - Blake Griffin (Video) - NBA.com
Block of the Night - Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan (Video) - NBA.com