Deron Williams' return to Utah promises to be an emotional evening. Williams, traded last February, has never uttered a bad word about his time in Salt Lake City, saying on his personal blog ("Road to Brooklyn") Saturday morning, "I have nothing but love for the community there, for the fans there."
And it will be emotional for a number of others on the court as well. Mehmet Okur played longer in Utah than Williams and he left only a month ago. He hopes he won't get booed. Sundiata Gaines, Kris Humphries and DeShawn Stevenson all got their NBA start there. On the other side of the court, Devin Harris and Derrick Favors will be looking to remind the Nets of what they can --and will-- do.
But beyond the emotions of the evening is the test of what is becoming the new run-and-gun Nets, a team built around Williams and, at least until Brook Lopez returns, the three point shot and running. Over the last three games, the Nets have averaged 110.3 points per game, hitting a league-leading 46 three pointers on 50.5% shooting from deep. The Nets will be short-handed at small forward with both Damion James and Shawne Williams out. Stevenson is available, but MarShon Brooks is likely to start again at the three.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Utah Jazz Game Notes - Utah Jazz
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Utah Jazz - Sports Xchange
Nets-Jazz Preview - Matt Becker - Stats LLC
- Utah, Brook and Getting Better - Deron Williams - DeronWilliams.com
- DeShawn Stevenson changes his mind about the Nets, sees a bright future predicated on Dwight Howard - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Utah Jazz: Deron Williams excited to return to Utah with Nets - Steve Luhm - Salt Lake Tribune
- Utah Jazz practice notes — Corbin on Lakers timeout, Jefferson; Howard's minutes; Nets cakewalk - Brian T. Smith - Salt Lake Tribune
- East Coast Jazz - Jody Gennesy - Deseret News
- Utah Jazz: Williams looking forward to return visit to Utah - Jody Gennesy - Deseret News
- Utah Jazz: Mehmet Okur hopes he won't get booed - Jody Gennesy - Deseret News
- Utah Jazz: Watson to be game-time decision against Nets - Jody Gennesy - Deseret News
D-Will, slumping Nets struggle to stay focused on the future - Shaun Powell - NBA.com