The Nets played their best offensive game of the season on Wednesday in Denver, but their defense allowed their third straight opponent to shoot 50 percent or better, and they fell to the Nuggets 123-115.
With some hot shooting, the Nets held an early seven-point lead, but the Nuggets took control with a 20-6 run late in the first quarter. They had 68 points at halftime and led by 23 early in the third. They were up 23 again late in the period when Jordan Farmar led the Nets on a 15-0 run to cut the lead down to eight early in the fourth. But the Nuggets answered with a 12-2 run to hold the Nets off.
It's the most points the Nets scored in a game since March 30 of last year when they hit 116 in a loss to the Knicks.
The Nets shot 52 percent from the field and hit a franchise-record 20 3-pointers on 35 attempts, but the Nuggets shot 60 percent from the field, 11-for-18 from 3-point range, and attempted 18 more free throws than the Nets. It was the first time in NBA history that a team made 20 3-pointers in a game and lost.
Farmar hit six of his eight threes and led all scorers with 26 points. Anthony Morrow was among five other Nets in double figures with 19. Deron Williams scored 16 points and dished out 13 assists before suffering a minor sprain of his right ankle and then getting ejected with two straight technical fouls late in the fourth quarter.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Gallinari scores 22 as Nuggets beat Nets 123-115 - AP
Notebook: Nuggets 123, Nets 115 - Michael Kelly - NBA.com
- Deron Williams ejected as Nets fall to Nuggets - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets finally shown Avery Johnson's fiery side - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Williams scores 16 points before picking up second technical in Nets' road loss - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Gallinari, now with Denver Nuggets, says team had good thing going before Anthony trade - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Williams ejected; New Jersey puts up little resistance - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets’ Deron Williams has sights set on return to Salt Lake - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Humphries glad he’s still with Nets - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Nets' defense missing in 123-115 loss in Denver - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Deron Williams 'excited' about returning to Utah - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets notes: Altitude adjustment - - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Deron Williams Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Anthony Morrow Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- Quick hits: Nuggets 123, Nets 115 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
D-Will talks about return to Utah - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nuggets cruise to win over New Jersey Nets - Benjamin Hochman - Denver Post
No Stone left unturned at point guard for Denver Nuggets - Benjamin Hochman - Denver Post
- Nets excited by prospect of adding Howard - Chris Tomasson - FOX Sports
- Denver's Andre Miller not thrilled with role - Chris Tomasson - FOX Sports