The Nets couldn't maintain any momentum from their solid performance in Atlanta on Friday, falling to to the Cavaliers, 98-82, in a physical and sloppy game on Sunday.
It was the Nets' fourth straight loss.
The first half was close throughout and both teams held seven-point leads in the third quarter. But the Cavs caught fire from the perimeter, led by six heading into fourth and blew the game open in the final 12 minutes.
The teams combined for 44 turnovers, with Nets guards Deron Williams, Sundiata Gaines and Anthony Morrow accounting for 15 of them. The Nets got to the line 28 times, but shot just 38 percent from the field. Cleveland, on the other hand, shot 16-for-26 from 3-point range.
Williams led the Nets with 16 points, but made just six of his 16 shots. Five other Nets finished in double-figures, but MarShon Brooks went scoreless in 12 minutes.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Jamison, 3-pointers lead Cavaliers past Nets 98-82 - AP
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ryan Ruocco & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Mehmet Okur Interview (Video) - YES Network
Rapid Reaction: Cavs 98, Nets 82 - Christopher Hunt - ESPN New York
Deron Williams 'frustrated' after loss to Cleveland Cavs - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- As Nets fall to Cavs in Cleveland, Deron Williams not seeing the benefits of playing in big market - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Nets fall apart in second half - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets drop fourth straight, fall to Cavaliers, 98-82 - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Kyrie Irving off to a strong start with Cleveland Cavaliers - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets beaten by Cavaliers, 98-82, in Cleveland - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets start great but run out of gas - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Nets notes: Jordan Farmar out of rotation - Andy Vasquez - The Record
NETS Game Center (Game Five) - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
Scolded at halftime, Cleveland Cavaliers rout New Jersey behind torrid 3-point shooting performance - Tom Reed - Cleveland Plain-Dealer
- Dan Gilbert finds reason to be optimistic about NBA's future - Tom Reed - Cleveland Plain-Dealer
CAVALIERS: Cavs Dial Long-Distance, Drill Nets - Joe Gabriele - Cleveland Cavaliers