Because of a scheduling conflict, Deron Williams' surgery won't take place until Monday. Also, Billy King met with reporters on Friday and insisted that the condition of Williams' right wrist did not worsen because of the games he played with the Nets. The reason for the new diagnosis (bone fragments), King says, was a different kind of MRI than was taken in Utah and when the Nets first acquired their new point guard.
"As the doctor told me, some of those particles had been there for a while," King said. "He didn’t do any more damage."
- Williams to miss wrist of the season after surgery - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Williams' wrist surgery postponed; King insists injury did not get worse - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Williams shut down for season, wrist surgery set for Monday - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Williams has surgery postponed to Monday - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Recapping D-Will's first 'season' with Nets - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York