Over the last two seasons, the Nets (35-123) and Timberwolves (32-127) have the two worst records in the league. This season, the Wolves have been playing out the string for a while now, and they come into Tuesday's meeting having lost 10 straight games.
The Wolves have won four straight games against the Nets though, including a Jan. 1 matchup in Minnesota in which the Nets scored just nine points in the third quarter. Kris Humphries (ankle) is out for the Nets, and so is his biggest competition for the Most Improved Player award, Kevin Love (strained groin).
Just three home games remain for the Nets, and they need to win them all to finish with a winning record at the Prudential Center. This game will mark the debut of the Nets' "LOUD & PROUD" section, with plenty of NetsDaily members, skillfully organized by eLonepb, ready to make some noise.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Minnesota Timberwolves Game Notes - Minnesota Timberwolves
Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Minnesota Timberwolves - Sports Xchange
- Timberwolves-Nets Preview - Stats LLC
- Battered Nets limping to finish - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets could shut down Humphries along with James for remainder of season - Ebenezer Samuel - New York Daily News
- Injury-riddled Wolves head to New Jersey - Kent Youngblood - On the Wolves