The Rockets are fighting hard for a playoff spot, 2 1/2 games behind the Grizzlies for the eighth spot in the west. At 38-35, they need every win. Their cause will be helped by the Nets' infirmary report: Deron Williams, Damion James, Sundiata Gaines and Quinton Ross are definitely out. Brandan Wright (sore knee) didn't practice Monday and is day-to-day. If they lose, it will be the 50th time this season.
Houston, which has won 12 of 16 while averaging 109.1 points, is led by Kevin Martin. They lost to the Heat on Sunday. "Now the challenge is responding in New Jersey," coach Rick Adelman told the Rockets' official website. "We gave what we could and came up short and now you've got to regroup and try to come back and get that game Tuesday and go from there."
Kyle Lowry is likely out. Terrence Williams, who hasn't played much since being traded in December, underwent minor abdominal surgery on March 15, but has been experiencing "post-operative issues" since, the Rockets official site reports.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Houston Rockets Games Notes - Houston Rockets
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Houston Rockets - Sports Xchange
- Rockets-Nets Preview - Stats LLC
- Avery has been the leader the Nets needed - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Morrow has mastered the art of the 3-point shot after years of practice - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets' Deron aims to return vs. Knicks - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
Williams admits he should have rested strained tendons - Ebenezer Samuel - New York Daily News
Rockets notes: Team in must-win mode with 9 to play - Jonathan Feigen - Houston Chronicle