The Nets gave an admirable effort, but they didn't have enough to hang with the Magic in the closing moments, falling 95-85 in Orlando on Friday.
The Magic took control with a 10-0 run spanning the first and second quarters, and they led by 10 at the half. The Nets climbed back to tie the game late in the third quarter and took a brief lead early in the fourth, but they went scoreless on their next seven possessions as the Magic went on a 13-0 run that decided the game.
The Nets shot 46 percent from the field and 9-for-19 from 3-point range, but turned the ball over 19 times and couldn't slow the Magic, who shot 51 percent. Anthony Morrow led six Nets in double figures with 19 points, while Kris Humphries (14 points and 10 rebounds) and Jordan Farmar (15 points and 16 assists) each recorded double-doubles. Matched up with Dwight Howard, Brook Lopez finished with just 10 points and two rebounds. Howard led the Magic with 21 points and 14 boards.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets-Magic notebook - Dick Scanlon - NBA.com
- Magic hang on down the stretch to beat Nets 95-85 - Kyle Hightower - AP
- Lopez, Nets overpowered by Howard, Magic - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets fall to Magic after late Orlando run - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets Can't finish off Howard, Magic - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets giving Deron's wrist more rest - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Magic, Dwight Howard still too much for Nets, Brook Lopez - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets notes: Deron Williams back, won't play yet - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets' offense vanishes against Magic - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Jordan Farmar Interview (Video) - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ryan Ruocco & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Magic beat Nets, but Nelson's injury casts pall over victory - Josh Robbins - Orlando Sentinel
- Hedo Turkoglu looks for his shot, plays well vs. Nets - Zach McCann - Orlando Sentinel
J.J. Redick suffers setback in recovery from strained abdominal muscle - Josh Robbins - Orlando Sentinel