The Cavaliers are the worst team in the NBA, but going into Wednesday's game at Quicken Loans Arena, they had twice as many wins at home as the Nets had on the road. The Nets managed to overcome those odds to pick up road win number five and snap their four-game losing streak, outlasting the Cavs, 98-94 in overtime.
For Kris Humphries, it was yet another milestone. He finished with 18 points and a career high 23 rebounds, as he moved closer to averaging a double-double for the season. He's now at 9.9 and 10.4...in 27 minutes per.
It was an ugly game that the Cavs led by three at halftime. The Nets led most of the fourth quarter, but the game was tied with less than a minute to go.
After Anthony Morrow missed a wide open jumper, Anthony Parker gaves the Cavs an 82-80 lead with 12.1 seconds left. On the following possession, the Nets went to Brook Lopez in the post. He missed a hook shot, but followed it up with a tip-in to tie the game with 4.3 seconds on the clock. Parker then missed a jumper at the regulation buzzer, sending the game to overtime.
Though they missed three free throws early in overtime, the Nets built a four-point lead and held on for the win by hitting their final nine attempts from the stripe. The teams combined to shoot just 36 percent from the field and 8-for-31 from 3-point range. In addition to Humphries, Lopez and Sasha Vujacic finished with 18 points apiece, and Travis Outlaw added 17 off the bench. For the second time in three games, Jordan Farmar, who hit the final two free throws, had a double-double with 10 points and 10 assists.
It was the Nets' ninth overtime game of the season, tying a team record.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets-Cavs notebook - Brian Dulik - NBA.com
- Humphries helps Nets slip past Cavs 98-84 in OT - Tom Withers - AP
- Kris Humphries lifts Nets to 98-94 win over Cavaliers in OT - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Byron Scott likes team's deal for Deron Williams - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets defeat Cavaliers 98-94 in overtime, Kris Humphries grabs 23 rebounds - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets snap losing streak, top Cavaliers in overtime - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets notes - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Bob Lorenz - YES Network
- From The Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
Jordan Farmar Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Pre-Game: Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Extra work pays off for Nets - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
Humphries grabs career-high 23 boards - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Cavaliers' season-long slide continues with overtime loss to Nets - Mary Schmitt Boyer - Cleveland Plain-Dealer
Cavaliers desperately seeking Mr. Big Shot - Jason Lloyd - Akron Beacon-Journal
Cavs fall to Nets in overtime - Jason Lloyd - Akron Beacon-Journal
Cavaliers notebook: Scott leans on Hollins for size at center - Jason Lloyd - Akron Beacon-Journal
- Final Dime: Nets 98, Cavaliers 94 OT - Joe Gabriele - Cleveland Cavaliers
- Game Quotes: Cavaliers vs. Nets - Cleveland Cavaliers