The test...not just for the Nets but for Deron Williams. He's battled an old style point guard, Steve Nash, and although he had better numbers, the Nets lost by one-tenth of a second. He's battled a new style point guard, Rajon Rondo, and rung him up with a dagger three at game's end. Now comes Derrick Rose, the consummate PG who D-Will himself thinks is the MVP.
The Bulls come into Newark at the hottest team in the NBA and the Nets surprisingly are almost as hot. Chicago has won seven straight, the Nets five. The last time the Nets won six straight was in 2005-06 when they won 14 in a row. The Bulls may not be a full strength. Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah are both game time decisions, with Noah (flu) far more likely than Boozer (ankle). Damion James (concussion) is expected to return for the Nets.
The point guards met four times when Williams was with the Jazz. Their teams split those matchups, with Williams averaging 19.8 points and 10.3 assists and Rose at 24.3 points and 6.3 assists.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Chicago Bulls Game Notes - Chicago Bulls
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Chicago Bulls - Sports Xchange
- Bulls-Nets Preview - Stats LLC
- As Derrick Rose and Bulls Rise, So Do Expectations - Jonathan Abrams - New York Times
- Nets doing their best to keep Deron Williams - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Avery sees Brooklyn in D-Will's future - Howard Kussoy - New York Post
- Deron is the one for the Nets - Ebenezer Samuel - New York Daily News
- Johnson stands by claim there is 'no doubt' Nets will re-sign Deron Williams - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Williams gives Nets reason to hope - Barbara Barker - New York Newsday
Johnson Confident in Nets' Future - Alex Kennedy - HoopsWorld
- Bulls coach fixates on each game - K.C. Johnson - Chicago Tribune
- Thomas: The big screen - K.C. Johnson - Chicago Tribune
- Noah’s fine; Boozer’s a question mark - Herb Gould - Chicago Sun-Times
- Korver nears milestone - Tom Musick - Chicago Herald
- Bulls' Joakim Noah expected back vs. Nets - Nick Friedell - ESPN Chicago
- Bulls' Noah returns; Boozer still day-to-day - Chicago Breaking Sports
Joakim Noah Coming Back While the Bulls Still Wait on Boozer - Channel 6 Sports