e Nets' three-game losing streak came to an end with a thrilling overtime victory over the Hornets at the Prudential Center on Wednesday.
The Nets led by two with three minutes to go, but they went scoreless on their next four possessions and a 7-0 Hornets run put New Orleans up five. Jordan Farmar then answered with a three and after Chris Paul missed a jumper, Sasha Vujacic drove and found Kris Humphries under the basket for a dunk to tie it with 12 seconds to go. David West's jumper to win the game then fell short at the regulation buzzer.
A Vujacic three and a Brook Lopez jump hook put the Nets up five with 1:19 left in overtime, but the Hornets came back and tied it with 46 seconds to go. Lopez put the Nets up two with 24 seconds left, but the Nets missed two chances to seal the game. The Hornets had a final shot with 3.5 seconds left and Paul got a great look from three, but his jumper went in and out.
The Nets shot 47 percent from the field and hit a season-high 12 threes. Vujacic led them with a career-high 25 points on 9-for-14 shooting, while Lopez added 20 points and seven rebounds. Humphries added 14 points and 15 boards, and Jordan Farmar dished out 11 assists off the bench. The Nets held Paul to just nine points, but they couldn't stop West, who led all scorers with 33.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
Hornets-Nets notebook - Jake Appleman - NBA.com
Vujacic scores career-high 25 as Nets beat Hornets - Tom Canavan - AP
- Jordan Farmar returns as Nets beat Hornets, 103-101 in OT - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Vujacic find extra shooting to pay off - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Vujacic leads Jersey to OT victory - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets beat Chris Paul, Hornets, 103-101 in overtime - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Rapid Reaction: Nets 103, Hornets 101 (OT) - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Sasha Vujacic, Nets' bench sting Hornets, 103-101, in overtime - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets notes: Plays for Derrick Favors - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets work hard, do just enough to end skid - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Bob Lorenz - YES Network
- From the booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
Devin Harris Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Pre-Game: Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Farmar Returns, Sparks Sasha to Career-Best in Win - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Vujacic lifts Nets in overtime win (with Post-game Video) - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
Paul takes blame for Hornets' overtime loss to New Jersey - John Reid - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Hornets lose fourth consecutive game, 103-101, in overtime to Nets - John Reid - New Orleans Times-Picayune
Hornets.com postgame: Nets 103, Hornets 101 (OT) - Jim Eichenhofer - New Orleans Hornets