After a decidedly lackluster effort vs. the Pistons, the Nets return home to face a streaking Pacer team in an early pre-Super Bowl start Sunday. The two teams will gather at "The Rock" at noon to play for the second time in little more than a week. The Pacers beat the Nets by 32 on January 29, lost by 21 to the Bulls two days later, then fired Jim O'Brien in favor of Wildwood native Frank Vogel. With Vogel on the bench, the Pacers have gone 3-0.
Vogel has essentially given the Pacers more freedom on the court, noting the NBA is a players league. The players have responded, with Roy Hibbert particular excelling...and publicly saying how much he doesn't miss O'Brien. Hibbert is averaging 15 points and nine rebounds on the mini-streak. For the Nets, who appeared particularly upset after Friday's loss, no major changes are planned...other than perhaps a change of heart.
Late word is that Jordan Farmar has moved from doubtful to questionable.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Indiana Pacers Game Notes - Indiana Pacers
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Indiana Pacers - Sports Xchange
- Pacers-Nets Preview - Stats LLC
- Lopez looking to improve attitude, energy level - Conor Orr - Star-Ledger
- Inconsistent club spinning its wheels - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Nets' lapse Indy-fensible - Pete Caldera - The Record
Nets lack dominant personality - Ebenezer Samuel - New York Daily News
- Vogel’s rise has local community beaming with pride - Shore News Today
- Indiana @ New Jersey GameThread - Tom Lewis - Indy Cornrows
PACERS: Pacers at New Jersey - Indiana Pacers