The Nets road losing streak reached 12 games with a 92-82 loss in Detroit on Friday, a game in which they never had the lead. They trailed by six at the end of the first quarter, by four at the half, and by nine at the end of the third. And on this night, there was no run in the fourth, as the Pistons built a late 14-point lead before settling on a 10-point win.
Detroit shot 48 percent from the field, grabbed 14 offensive rebounds, and turned the ball over only eight times. They had five players in double-figures, led by Tayshaun Prince with 22 points.
Back in the starting lineup, Anthony Morrow led the Nets with 22 on 8-for-12 shooting. Brook Lopez added 16 points, but was outplayed by rookie Greg Monroe, who scored a career-high 20 points and grabbed 11 boards. Devin Harris dished out 13 assists.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
Nets-Pistons notebook - Dana Gauruder - NBA.com
- Pistons beat Nets 92-82 to snap skid - Noah Trister - AP
- Nets stumble again on the road, falling to Pistons - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets fall to Pistons, despite Anthony Morrow's 22 points - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets upset after latest loss - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Marv Albert & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
Pre-Game: Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Ben Gordon provides bulletin board material, but it doesn't help - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Detroit 92, New Jersey 82: Greg Monroe paces Pistons; Richard Hamilton inactive - Vince Ellis - Detroit Free Press
- Richard Hamilton says he's played his last game as Piston - Vince Ellis - Detroit Free Press
- Ben Wallace, on Rip Hamilton benching: 'It's a slap in the face' - Vince Ellis - Detroit Free Press
- Inactive Richard Hamilton can only watch as Pistons beat Nets - Terry Foster - Detroit News
- Tayshaun Prince, Greg Monroe stand out as Pistons beat Nets to end four-game slide - Chris Iott - MLive
- Hamilton believes he has played his final game with Pistons - Chris Iott - MLive
Three-pointers: Detroit Pistons' youth movement shines in win over New Jersey - Justin Rogers - MLive
Nets at Pistons: In Soviet New Jersey, Ed Hardy Wears You! - Mike Payne - Detroit Bad Boys