Fred Kerber blogs Sunday that no one should bury the Nets in the continuing 'Melo-Drama, that "several league sources indicated that New Jersey remains a player in the services for Denver’s star forward."
"Don’t bury them yet," one source quoted by Kerber said when asked about the Nets chances to trade for Carmelo Anthony. Another suggested there might not be anything significant now "but that it could change".
Meanwhile, Alan Hahn reports that the Knicks have told the Nuggets their current offer for Anthony is the final one. "We're not going any further now," Hahn's source said. "It's out of our hands."
The Nets brass has been notably quiet on the subject since yesterday afternoon's dinner with Anthony. Other writers have said the Nets left the dinner at a Los Angeles restaurant not feeling confident about the outcome.
- Nets still alive in Anthony pursuit: source - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
- Source: Knicks 'not going any further' with offers - Alan Hahn - New York Newsday
- Knicks make final offer for Melo - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
Aldridge: Knicks put together 'final' offer for Carmelo - David Aldridge - NBA.com
Mozgov is missing piece in Melo deal - Ian O'Connor - ESPN New York
- Isiah Thomas isn't involved in Carmelo Anthony trade talks between Knicks and Nuggets: Knicks - Mitch Lawrence with Frank Isola - New York Daily News
- Report: New York Knicks draw line in sand on Carmelo Anthony talks - Chris Broussard, Marc Stein & Andrew Marchand - ESPN
- Report says Knicks have made their final offer for Carmelo Anthony - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Knicks refute report of outside involvement in Anthony discussion - Al Iannazzone - The Record