The email reads: "Just to update you, Mikhail has not met with and has no plans to meet with Carmelo Anthony. He is looking forward to enjoying All Star Weekend. We will have nothing else to add on this..."
The email does not state he won't meet with 'Melo, nor that the Nets have decided not to pursue the Nugget all-star, just that he has no plans to meet with him. Meanwhile, add the New York Times and Newsday to those who say Anthony will not sign with the Nets. They quote people close to him.
- Prokhorov claims there's no plan to meet with Melo - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Mikhail Prokhorov says he 'has no plans' to meet with Carmelo Anthony - Colin Stephenson - Nets Blast
- Mikhail Prokhorov says he has no plans to meet with Carmelo Anthony - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Prokhorov has no plans to meet with Anthony - Tom Canavan - AP
- Carmelo Anthony Draws the Line With Nets - Jonathan Abrams - New York Times
Sources: Carmelo won't sign extension with Nets - Alan Hahn - New York Newsday