The Nets' 12-game road losing streak came to an end in Charlotte with a wire-to-wire, 94-89 victory over the Bobcats on Friday.
The Nets held the Bobcats to just 33 percent shooting in the first half and led by 15 at halftime. They went up by as many as 19 in the third quarter, but the Bobcats climbed back to within four with three minutes to go in the fourth. Devin Harris then answered with a jumper, an alley-oop assist to Kris Humphries and a three that put the Nets back up 11. They held on for a five-point win.
The Nets shot just 14-for-42 in the second half, but they turned the ball over just five times all game and the bench again came through, scoring 35. Brook Lopez recorded his second double-double of the season, leading all scorers with 31 points and adding 11 rebounds. Harris finished with 16 points and eight assists and Humphries added 15 points and 14 rebounds.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- First Half Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Lopez, Nets post rare road win, 94-89 over Bobcats - Mike Cranston - AP
Nets-Bobcats Notebook - Derek Smith - NBA.com
- Brook Lopez leads Nets over Bobcats - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Nets' Kris Humphries is happy Brook Lopez is in the flow - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Brook Lopez gets physical, scores 31 points, grabs 11 rebounds to lead Nets - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Brook Lopez scores 31 as Nets beat Bobcats, 94-89 - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Jim Spanarkel - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - Jim Spanarkel - YES Network
- Pre-Game Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Effort miserable in Bobcats loss - Rick Bonnell - Charlotte Observer
- What a horrible time to boot one - Rick Bonnell - Charlotte Observer
Observations: Henderson shines in 4th - Rick Bonnell - Charlotte Observer
Bobcats hemmed in by Nets, lose 94-89 - David A. Arnott - Rufus on Fire