The free agent season hasn't been devoid of rumors, just real agreements. With the CBA nearly done ("B" issues being the hold up), the Nets' final push is underway. Caron Butler postponed his Wednesday visit for a day, with others not far behind. As free agency gets closer, the reports continue to be conflicting.
It's uncertain when, where or if Billy King will meet with Nene or Tyson Chandler. Adrian Wojnarowski reports that so far the Nets, Warriors and Pacers "have yet to show a willingness" to pay Nene $14-$15 million a year, bringing the Nuggets --and the Hornets-- back into the picture. But Alex Kennedy writes the Nets and Warriors are front runners to sign Chandler, who "loves the idea of playing with Deron Williams."
Meanwhile, David Aldridge reports the Mavericks are now willing to give Chandler a four-year deal, but are "balking at the price tag." Still, reports Marc Stein, talks between Chandler and the Mavs are "frozen."
Everyone up front continues to be at least outwardly optimistic that the team will come away with some of its top targets and one of the big men they like. No one is fooling themselves, however. The team's future hangs in the balance with Deron Williams watching to see how they do. After all, it's his career too.
- Clips, Warriors, Celtics in Paul trade talks - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
- Sources: Chandler Warriors' No. 1 target - Marc Stein - ESPN
- Lakers still in hunt to work deal for Hornets' Paul - David Aldridge - NBA.com
- Tyson Chandler at center of dilemma for defending champion Mavericks - Zach Lowe - Sports Illustrated
- Almost closing time for Avery Johnson and the Nets - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Nets coach sees better days if Williams stays - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
- Nets intent on making upgrades so Johnson will stay - Andy Vasquez - The Record
- Avery on D12 (Video) - SNY
Magic targeting Deron Williams or Chris Paul? - Ben Golliver - CBS Sports