It's going to be a wild ride...and it's already started. The CBA isn't finished, isn't ratified. Free agency is still 11 days away, and lockout rules remain in place, meaning no contact between team brass and players or their agents. That's not stopping the rumor mill.
Besides Jamal Crawford rumors (see below), the latest, from Boston, is that Glen Davis, aka Big Baby, has the Nets on his short list, if a renewal with the Celtics can't be worked out. There's also rumors that Andrei Kirilenko feels the same way, although CSKA Moscow harbors dreams of keeping him around
And across the U.S. and Europe, plane engines can be heard. MarShon Brooks, who is raring to go, arrives back in New Jersey on Tuesday, the same day Jordan Farmar and Jordan Williams fly out of Israel and Poland. Deron Williams leaves Friday, after cheering on Besiktas, and Anthony Morrow in 10 days.
- Glen Davis ready for free agent sprint - Mark Murphy - Boston Herald
- Nets’ Brooks raring to go - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Andrei Kirilenko set to leave CSKA for the NBA - Emiliano Carchia - Sportando
- CSKA Disarmed (Google Translate) - Gazeta
- Kirilenko set to return to NBA - Russia Today
Andrei Kirilenko To Weigh Free Agency, Remaining In Moscow - Tom Ziller - SB Nation
- Five things the Nets need to do - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- New deal, new fiscal responsibility for Nets - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
- Winners, losers of (tentative) new CBA - Steve Aschburner - NBA.com
CBA questions for teams: Eastern Conference - Zach Lowe - Sports Illustrated