The latest reports from Turkish hoops sites say that Besiktas has finally found a big man to join Deron Williams It's NOT Brook Lopez.
Instead say the reports, Besiktas has turned to Lamar Odom, Kris Humphries' brother-in-law. Reports differ on whether Lopez turned down an offer from the Black Eagles.
Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted that while Besiktas offered Lopez a contract, they were prepared to go with Odom if Lopez turned them down. Marc Stein, on the other hand, says Besiktas always preferred Odom, but negotiated with Lopez as well. The Turkish League team could only sign one more American player.
Lopez would have brought to nine the number of Nets players and draft picks who've found refuge overseas since June, joining Deron Williams, Jordan Williams, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic, Sundiata Gaines, Mario West, Dan Gadzuric and Bojan Bogdanovic. As Al Iannazzone writes, no team is more ready.
- Lamar Odom, Besiktas reach agreement, sources say - Marc Stein - ESPN LA
- Brook Lopez, Besiktas! - Kartal Basket
- Report: Brook Lopez to join Deron Williams in Turkey - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
- Report: For Besiktas, it’s Brook Lopez (and not K. Love, Deng, Odom, Nene, Gortat…) - Ball in Europe
- Report: Brook Lopez to join Williams in Turkey - Matt Moore - CBS Sports
Locked-Out N.B.A. Players Find a Home Overseas - Jake Appleman - New York Times
No NBA, but still reasons to be thankful - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider