Did someone say, "progress"? How about "real progress"? Following Monday's CBA meeting, David Stern used both Stern said: 'We made some progress'," then added, " "It would be great to be able to make some real progress tomorrow. Whether that's possible or not, I don't know."
Not so fast, said Derek Fisher who while admitting, "A lot of signs point to tomorrow being a very important day", added, "I wouldn't say we made progress today, but it wasn't time wasted, either."
Tuesday now becomes high noon, literally. After meetings among themselves at 10:30, the two sides will sit down at noon for a meeting that will likely decide if the full season can be preserved. Let the spin cycle begin.
- A moment of truth arrives in NBA talks - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
- Stern says league, union 'prepared to negotiate' - Sean Deveney - The Sporting News
- NBA agents' group warns clients in joint memo - Ric Bucher - ESPN
No reason to think there'll be an NBA deal soon - Ian Thomsen - Sports Illustrated
- NBA labor talks last for five hours, Tuesday a key day - Chris Sheridan - Sheridan Hoops
NBA negotiations break, with 'very huge day' ahead - Brian Mahoney - AP
- NBA labor talks set table for 'full' Tuesday slate - Henry Abbott - True Hoop
All quiet on what would have been Nets' Media Day - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger