While Billy King works hard to get a deal done for Carmelo Anthony, the present-day Nets are just getting worse. They followed up Friday's in Washington by laying another egg against the Bucks at the Prudential Center on Saturday.
The start to this game wasn't quite as ugly as Friday's, but the Bucks still built a double-digit lead in the first quarter. They led by as many as 15 early in the second, by 10 at the half, and by as many as 26 in the third.
Milwaukee has the worst offense in the league, but they scored a season-high 115 points on a season-high 58 percent shooting, even though they were missing Andrew Bogut. Playing without Devin Harris, the Nets' offense wasn't terrible, but they couldn't keep up with the Bucks, who were led by Chris Douglas-Roberts' 24 points off the bench.
Kris Humphries led New Jersey with 22 points and eight rebounds. Jordan Farmar added 20 points and 10 assists, and Derrick Favors finished with 12 points, six rebounds and three blocks in his third career start. Though he was being defended by forward Ersan Ilyasova, Brook Lopez had just five points and a rebound in 19 minutes.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Chris Douglas-Roberts scores 24 as Bucks beat Nets - Tom Canavan - AP
Bucks-Nets notebook - Jake Appleman - NBA.com
- Nets lose yet again, this time to Bucks, 115-92 - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Morrow stays positive despite injury, rumors - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Nets' Devin Harris tests leg but sits game out - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
115-point Bucks run and hide - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Rapid Reaction: Bucks 115, Nets 92 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Lopez puzzled by his struggles against Bucks - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- CD-R buries Nets in NJ return - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Brook Lopez is MIA in the latest Nets loss - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets follow bad loss with worse loss - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
Pre-Game: Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Marv Albert & Jim Spanarkel - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
NETS: Humphries Hangs His Hat, But Effort Isn't Enough - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Bucks cruise past New Jersey - Charles F. Gardner - Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Saturday game report: Bucks at Nets - Charles F. Gardner - Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel