Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress tweets that the Nets are signing point guard Orien Greene to a 10-day contract. The 28 year old averaged 18.0 points, 5.1 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 2.0 steals in 24 games with the Utah Flash this season. He was originally drafted by the Celtics in the second round out of Louisiana Lafayette in 2005 and last played in the NBA three seasons ago. In an article six weeks ago, ESPN's Henry Abbott profiled Greene, his fall from grace and hope for a return. Greene brings the Nets roster to a league maximum 15.
Before the Nuggets game, the Nets announced Jordan Farmar will be out for two games. Ben Uzoh will likely get the back-up point guard minutes on Monday against the Nuggets. Greene is expected to join the team by Wednesday's game with the 76ers.
- NBA Development League: Orien Greene Playerfile
- Orien Greene Info Page - NBA.com
Greene gets another shot with Nets - Joshua Parrott - Lafayette Daily Advertiser
- Harris will play vs. Nuggets; Jordan Farmar will not - Colin Stephenson - Nets Blast
- Nets Up for Carmelo and the Nuggets - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Nets insist Carmelo not on mind with Nuggets in town - New York Post Nets Blog
Source: Orien Greene Signs 10-Day Contract With Nets - Scott Schroeder - FanHouse
Nets call up Orien Greene from D-League - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports