After a five-game homestand that saw them play their best basketball in two years, the Nets strode into Indianapolis and promptly got hammered by the Pacers, 124-92, Friday night. The Pacers snapped a six-game losing streak.
Mike Dunleavy shot 12-for-16 from the field and made 6-of-7 three-pointers in his first game with 30 or more points in more than two months. He helped Indiana post its largest margin of victory this season and pushed the Nets to their worst loss of the season.
Roy Hibbert scored 20 points, Danny Granger had 18 points and rookie Paul George added 15 points for the Pacers, who shot 63 per cent overall and made 12-of-22 three-pointers.
For New Jersey, Brook Lopez led the Nets with 28 points, but grabbed only one rebound. Only one other Net, Travis Outlaw, scored in double figures. He had 12. Derrick Favors had nine points but only three rebounds and Devin Harris had nine points and nine assists. Avery Johnson emptied the bench, permitting Johan Petro to finish with eight. Kris Humphries went scoreless. Jordan Farmar had a sore back and didn't play.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Dunleavy, Pacers crush Nets 124-92 - Cliff Brunt - AP
- Nets begin road trip by falling to Pacers, 124-92 - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Pacers red hot from field, bury Nets 124-92 as Mike Dunleavy scores 30 - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets fall off 'D' winning Pace - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Farmar's back feeling bad - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Pacers pour in threes to bury the Nets, 124-92 - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Pacer beating should send message to the Nets - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Jim Spanarkel - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
1-2 punch ends Pacers' slide - Mike Wells - Indianapolis Star
The big fella finally went to work - Mike Wells - Pacers Insider
Explosive Offense Helps Indiana Snap Losing Streak at Six - Nathan S - Indy Cornrows