For most of Monday night, the Nets looked like they were going to be the first team to lose to the Cleveland Cavaliers since Dec. 18. But they managed to avoid that embarrassment, coming from behind to hand the Cavs their 17th straight loss, 103-101, thanks to a big bucket from Brook Lopez.
The win was the 13th of the season for the Nets, giving them one more win than all of last season. It was all their third win in the last four.
The Cavs led most of the game, but the Nets took the lead with a Devin Harris drive with 5 1/2 minutes to go in the fourth quarter. They quickly went up five, but the Cavs kept it close and the game went back and forth down the stretch.
With the Nets up three, Joey Graham tied the game with a corner three with 7.1 seconds left. Lopez then gave the Nets the lead with a jump hook with 1.4 seconds to go. Cleveland still had a shot, but Daniel Gibson's three at the buzzer fell short.
Lopez led all scorers with 28 points, adding seven rebounds. Harris (14 points and 10 assists) and Kris Humphries (11 points and 11 boards) each recorded double-doubles, Anthony Morrow added 16 points off the bench, and Derrick Favors had eight points and nine rebounds, all in the first half.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- First Half Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Lopez, Nets hand Cavaliers 17th straight loss - AP
- Cavs-Nets notebook - Jake Appleman - NBA.com
Lopez makes first game-winner since Stanford days - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Cavaliers At Nets? Priceless (Almost) - Benjamin Hoffman - New York Times
- Brook Lopez jumper lifts Nets past Cavaliers, 103-101 - Dave Hutchinson - Star-Ledger
Anthony Morrow's shooting touch makes a quick return for Nets - Dave Hutchinson - Star-Ledger
- Nets beat Cavs on late shot - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Avery Johnson sees promise in Nets, Kris Humphries after Brook Lopez hits clutch shot to top Cavs - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets rally from 12-point deficit to beat Cavaliers at The Rock - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Lopez delivers winner as Nets move past last year - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
Practice makes perfect in Nets’ late win (with Post-game Audio) - Greg Hrinya - Examiner
NETS: Lopez's Hook Reels in a Win - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Cavs tie franchise mark for consecutive road losses - Jason Lloyd - Akron Beacon-Journal
- Recap: Nets 103, Cavs 101 - Jason Lloyd - Akron Beacon-Journal
- Hickson on roll with rebounding - Jason Lloyd - Akron Beacon-Journal
Missed shot heard 'round the court - Jason Lloyd - Akron Beacon-Journal
- Cavs tie record for consecutive road losses at 21 with 103-101 loss to Nets - Mary Schmitt-Boyer - Cleveland Plain-Dealer
- Cleveland Cavaliers can't close the deal, extend road slump to 21 - Mary Schmitt-Boyer - Cleveland Plain-Dealer
CAVALIERS: Final Dime: Nets 103, Cavaliers 101 - Cleveland Cavaliers