In the wake of Mikhail Prokhorov's announcement that they were pulling out of trade talks with the Denver Nuggets, the Nets went out and had one of their best games of the season, holding off a Jazz comeback to come away with a 103-95 win at the Prudential Center on Wednesday night.
The Nets led by 16 points early in the fourth quarter, but the Jazz cut the lead down to two with a little less than two minutes left. The Nets hung on though, thanks to a big bucket from Brook Lopez and a steal from Devin Harris.
The Nets shot 49 percent from the field and 8-for-16 from 3-point range. Lopez led seven Nets in double-figures with 20 points.
While some players, like Derrick Favors, knew about the decision prior to the game --and called it a "big relief", others, including Harris, did not. Harris was told seconds before he was interviewed by YES following the game.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets snap 6-game slide after ending Melo-drama - Tom Canavan - AP
- Rapid Reaction: Nets 103, Jazz 95 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
New Jersey Nets players finally put Carmelo Anthony distractions to rest - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- With owner watching, Nets score unlikely win over Jazz, 103-95 - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets players react to news that team's pursuit of Carmelo Anthony is over - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Six-game skid goes up in smoke - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Pre-Game: Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
Nets notes: Nets end losing streak - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Mikhail Prokhorov Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Devin Harris Interview (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
Jazz falling backward after loss to lowly Nets - Brian T. Smith - Salt Lake Tribune
- AK shoots down Nets rumor - Brian T. Smith - Salt Lake Tribune
- Utah Jazz: Despite speculation, Andrei Kirilenko wants to stay in Utah - Jody Genessy - Deseret News
NJ Nets show Utah Jazz, fans what it's all about 'Russian-style' - RIA Novosti
- NETS: As Talks End, Nets' Team Effort Tops Jazz - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- NETS: Nets' Owner Takes In An Evening of Russian Culture - Scott Stanchak - New Jersey Nets
- AK to New Jersey rumors abound… - Jason Crannell - Utah Jazz