It was another solid performance against a Western Conference playoff team and another big night for Brook Lopez. But once again, the Nets couldn't close the deal, falling to the Blazers, 96-89, Saturday night at the Rose Garden.
The Nets controlled the first half, leading by as many as 13. They were up nine early in the third quarter when the Blazers went on a 17-0 run, but they got the lead back quickly and they led by one with two minutes to go in the game.
That's when things fell apart. A missed rebound and three straight turnovers fueled a 6-0 Blazers run that ultimately decided the game.
The Nets shot 50 percent from the field, but just 2-for-12 from 3-point range. And they allowed the Blazers to grab 17 offensive rebounds, resulting in 21 second-chance points.
Lopez led all scorers with 32 points on 12-for-19 shooting, the first time in his career he's recorded back-to-back 30-point games. In his first game back in Portland, Travis Outlaw was solid, scoring 11 points and grabbing seven boards. Sasha Vujacic and Kris Humphries added 13 points and 10 rebounds off the bench respectively.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Aldridge scores 27 in Blazers' 96-89 win over Nets - Anne M. Peterson - AP
- Nets-Blazers notebook - Wendell Maxey - NBA.com
- Nets lose third straight on road trip, falling to Blazers, 96-89 - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets fall again despite Lopez's 32 points - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Nets play like a team in limbo, waiting for Carmelo Anthony trade, in 96-89 loss - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Another familiar Net loss, but change is in the air - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Pre-Game: Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Marv Albert & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Instant reaction: Knicks 100, Blazers 86 - Tim Brown - OregonLive.com
- Trail Blazers band together, shake fourth-quarter troubles - Joe Freeman - The Oregonian
First visit back to Portland since he was traded is a quick one for Travis Outlaw - Mike Tokito - The Oregonian
Media Row Report: Blazers 96, Nets 89 - Ben Golliver - Blazersedge