Chauncey Billups asked out of practice in Denver Monday complaining of a headache, but Carmelo Anthony was available. In Detroit, Richard Hamilton practiced. But in New Jersey, Troy Murphy sat with an undisclosed illness.
He didn't deny he might sign with the Nets, saying he had to meet with Nuggets owner Josh Kroenke and GM Masai Ujiri. Specifically asked if he would sign a $65 million extension with New Jersey, he replied "I really don't know. I'm waiting to see Masai and Josh... They haven't been here....''
About the Knicks, he basically said the Knicks are doing just fine without him. "New York is playing well right now," Tomasson quoted him as saying. "I don't think they're looking at me They wouldn't want me to come in there and mess what they have up.''
In New Jersey, Avery Johnson wouldn't let the players involved in rumors speak with the media. He said the team worked on its defense. With Damion James still rehabbing, the only Nets not rumored in trade talks are Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic and Travis Outlaw, a center, power forward, point guard, shooting guard and small forward.
- Anthony deal advancing? Nets' Murphy not at practice - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
- Nets practice with distraction of Carmelo trade - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
Anthony says trade to Nets isn't close - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
- Nets Prepare for Next Game In Case Deal Isn’t Done - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Almost everyone takes part in Nets practice - Colin Stephenson - Nets Blast
- Avery's message to Nets rumored on the way out: Do your job - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- This Anthony Trade Might Actually Happen - Howard Beck - New York Times
Nets, Nuggets Will Never Be The Same - Sekou Smith - NBA.com
- Sources: No rush for Carmelo Anthony trade - Henry Abbott - ESPN
With Trade Rumors Swirling, Anthony Expects to Meet With Nuggets Brass - Chris Tomasson - FanHouse