The Nets are interested in Carmelo Anthony. That much is certain. They also have the pieces to acquire the Denver forward and "will explore all necessary avenues", writes Fred Kerber. That means a trade before the season or during the season and free agency after it.
Kerber and others believe the Nuggets may not have completely given up on retaining the All-Star and Olympic gold medal winner, but the likelihood is that once a GM is in place in Denver, things will heat up. When that will happen is anyone's guess.
Then the question becomes: how much will the Nets be willing to offer. Is Brook Lopez still an untouchable? Derrick Favors? Devin Harris? As Kerber writes, "Oh joy. Now we can go on Melo watch".
- Nets may have shot to get Melo - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Anthony to Atlantic Yards? - Jared Zwerling - ESPN New York
Carmelo Anthony and the Denver Nuggets play waiting game - Larry Coon - ESPN
- Melo Open to Multi-Year Deal with Rockets, Nets - Ryne Nelson - SLAM
- Nuggets should take good look before leaping - Woody Paige - Denver Post
- Nuggets coach Karl hopes Anthony trade rumors aren't true - Benjamin Hochman - Denver Post
Kenyon Understands - Steve Kyler - HoopsWorld
- Knicks may not have sufficient trade bait to acquire Carmelo Anthony: source - Frank Isola - New York Daily News
Coddled, spoiled and ringless...- Andrew Feinstein - Denver Stiffs