Sports Illustrated's Chris Mannix reports Carmelo Anthony may prefer New York, but he's open to signing a multi-year deal with either the Nets or the Rockets.
"Multiple league sources familiar with his situation told SI.com that Anthony would also be open to signing a long-term deal with Houston or New Jersey should either of those teams offer the Nuggets an acceptable trade package, Mannix reported Wednesday afternoon. He added, "In Denver, there is no urgency to make a deal quickly."
There's been mostly silence on the Nets' side of the river about any of this. Billy King says he won't talk about it all, can't actually because of tampering concerns. Others in the front office will only say, "we have a lot of offer".
Will the Nets make a call? Of course. A Knick official admits their best chance would come in free agency because if there's open bidding for the 6'9" forward, at least 22 teams will call. The likelihood is a lot of them will offer better assets than Eddy Curry, Danilo Gallinari and a 2014 first rounder.
- Sources: Carmelo Anthony interested in Rockets, Nets via trade - Chris Mannix - Sports Illustrated
- Chris Mannix Interview (Audio) - Evan Roberts & Joe Benigno - WFAN
Don't count out Nets in chase for Carmelo: report - New York Post
Other teams are eyeing Carmelo Anthony - Royce Webb - CBS Sports
- Carmelo Anthony reportedly will not sign extension with Nuggets, prefers New York - Frank Isola and Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Carmelo to the Nets: Make it happen! - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- N.Y. teams limited in offerings for Carmelo Anthony - Benjamin Hochman - Denver Post
- If Denver is willing, Bulls may compete for Anthony - Mike McGraw - Chicago Daily Herald
- NBA offseason: Where will Carmelo Anthony play in 2011-12? - ESPN
Carmelo Knots Up His Own NBA Saga - Jason Gay - Wall Street Journal