We still don't know where LeBron James will play next season, but we do know when we'll find out. The announcement will be made by James during an ESPN special, which will air Thursday night on ESPN. Despite Mikhail Prokhorov's belief that Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are both going to Miami, Rod Thorn still hasn't given up hope that the Nets will land one or two of the big three.
Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the three players will have a conference call on Wednesday to help them decide what to do. The Cavs, Bulls and Nets are considered the top three choices for James, and it's possible that Bosh and Wade could team up in Chicago, Miami or New Jersey.
And if things don't go the Nets' way, Tom Canavan of AP reports the Nets have a Plan "B" that would send them scurrying for David Lee or Carlos Boozer, but multiple reports suggest that they will not overpay either. Canavan reports Rod Thorn has been in daily contact with Lee's agent.
- Sources: LeBron James to announce decision Thursday - ESPN
ESPN to air LeBron's decision Thursday - AP
- James, Wade and Bosh to discuss plans - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo!
LeBron meeting will be big part of Rod Thorn's book - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Thorn: Nets still in James game - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- The waiting is the hardest part - Tara Sullivan - The Record
- Nets in LeBron holding pattern - Fred Kerber - New York Post
King — of Ohio — fits his born identity - Mike Vaccaro - New York Post
Nets president Rod Thorn still pursues Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Thorn: Haven't given up on Bosh and Wade - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- The Blueprint, MIA - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
Nets have a Plan B in case LeBron turns down offer - Tom Canavan - AP
- Wildest hours in free agency era lead to LeBron's prime-time announcement - Ken Berger - CBS Sports