The Nets finally put an end to their Summer League losing streak, beating the Pacers 80-69 in Orlando on Tuesday night. After trailing most of the game, the Nets took the lead late in the third quarter and then pulled away in the fourth.Terrence Williams led the way, finishing with 24 points, six rebounds and seven assists. Damion James was active all night, but took over in the fourth quarter and finished with 21 points and 11 rebounds, though he shot just 4-for-13 from the free throw line. Derrick Favors looked a little more comfortable, scoring 12 points on 5-of-8 shooting, but had just three rebounds in 29 minutes.
In a post-game interview with NBA TV's Rick Kamla and Steve Smith, a confident Williams talked about how he recently told Avery Johnson how he preferred to play point guard and how Johnson told him the position was about leadership, providing "a little bit of sugar, a little bit of salt" to teammates.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Postgame: Terrence Williams - (Video) - Rick Kamla - NBA.com
MAGIC: Nets Cruise Past Pacers - Josh Cohen - Orlando Magic
- Williams And James Dominate To Lead Nets Over Pacers, 80-69 - Evan Dunlap - SB Nation
- Nets 80, Pacers 69: Positives and Negatives in First Loss Goodluck Saturday - Indy Cornrows
- Shooters go cold as Pacers lose - Indiana Pacers
- Who Impressed Me In Day Two In Orlando - Darnell Mayberry - Daily Oklahoman
- Another big game for Stephenson - Indianapolis Star
James off to fast start in summer league - Brandon Ogden - Nacogdouches Daily Sentinel