There may or may not be anything to read into it, but Mikhail Prokhorov's Gulfstream V left Teterboro Airport a little after 7 p.m. on Saturday, heading for Izmir, Turkey. The Aegean coast near Izmir is one of Prokhorov's favorite vacation spots...and where he also plans to build a 7-star, $60 million resort complex. A spokesman had no comment about Prokhorov's plans.
Prokhorov's departure puts both members of the Nets' "Blueprint for Greatness" in Europe. Jay-Z left Thursday for a concert tour. Before the Gulfstream headed east, Prokhorov reportedly told employees of a Midtown eatery that the Nets' chances of getting Lebron James are "50-50".
James concluded his meetings a few hours earlier in Cleveland, and the Nets are still on hold, waiting for word from James before they meet with Carlos Boozer or David Lee, who visited Minnesota on Saturday.
Chris Broussard reiterated that LeBron's team is telling people the Nets had made the best presentation and added that Chris Bosh's top priority is playing with James in either Chicago or New Jersey. But like others, Broussard said there is no timetable for James' decision...although Prokhorov reportedly said he expects to hear on Monday.
- Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov taking free agent detour? - Dave D'Alessandro - Nets Blast
- Nets mull Plan Bs as King decides - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Source: Prok sees LeBron as 50-50 - Brett Cyrgalis - New York Post
Brass holding out hope as LeBron wraps meetings - Marc Berman - New York Post
- Cavaliers and Bulls Make Cases to James, Then Waiting Begins - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Nets waiting as the courting of LeBron James concludes - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets, Thorn wait for LeBron James to decide before making next move - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
Cavaliers' top advantage over Knicks is extra $30 million to offer LeBron - Mitch Lawrence - New York Daily News
Cavaliers, Bulls cap meetings with LeBron - Tom Withers - AP
- Does Bosh hold the key? - Chad Ford - ESPN
Free Agency Latest (Video) - Chris Broussard - ESPN
- Barker's analysis: Nets going for broke on LeBron - Barbara Barker - New York Newsday
- Why LeBron James is delaying his decision; more NBA free-agency questions - Ian Thomsen - Sports Illustrated
- David Lee visits Timberwolves - Jon Krawczynski - AP
- Wade plans to decide next week - AP
Free-agent buzz: Bosh thinking things over - Marc Spears & Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo!