Mikhail Prokhorov is using his short time in New York wisely, meeting with prospective presidents of the Nets, dining with Rod Thorn, taking questions from NetsDaily as well as the team's beat writers.
He's also interested in real estate--a building at 34th and 8th. No, not the Garden, but nearby.
"I think Jay and I look really great. I’m looking into the possibility of buying the building and having it shipped back to Moscow."
In his interview with beat writers, the Russian billionaire asked Nets fans to remain patient in spite of the team's disastrous 12-70 season and disappointing free agency. He promised once again that his young team will fight for the playoffs next season, and that his goal of winning a title in five years is intact.
He added the team wants to acquire a superstar in a trade and admitted he had a "hunch" his first shot at a superstar, LeBron James, was going to fail.
Meanwhile, Prokhorov issued a statement on the death of Yankees' owner Geroge Steinbrenner, ""For new franchise owners like myself, he was a model of how to build a dynasty team and what can be achieved if you have enough heart and vision. He was an absolute original.''
Mikhail Prokhorov Interview (Video) - New Jersey Nets
- Mikhail Prokhorov had a hunch James was not going to join the Nets - Tom Canavan - AP
- Mikhail Meets The Press - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- NETS: Prokhorov: The Progression of the Plan - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Nets’ Owner Asks Fans to Be Patient - Jonathan Abrams - New York Times
- Prokhorov likes Nets' Plan B - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Nets owner knew LeBron would go elsewhere - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Prokhorov says no worries here - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Prokhorov says even without James, Bosh, Wade, championship remains goal - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Prokhorov asks for patience as he tries to sell five-year strategy - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Prokhorov Q&A (Part 1) - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Heat Get LeBron, Knicks Get Amar'e, Nets Get ... Um ... David Biderman - Wall Street Journal
The Great Lesson Of Prokhorov: We Should All Pity Knicks Fans - Andrew Sharp - SB Nation