The top candidates for the Nets #3 pick will be in soon enough, but the Nets have two other picks, at #27 and #31, where the competition is more wide open. On Friday morning, the first four candidates for those jobs--and training camp invites beyond the draft--arrived in East Rutherford.
Oklahoma's 6'10" Tiny Gallon and VCU's 6'11" Larry Sanders are two players the Nets are "strongly considering" at those two spots, writes Dave D'Alessandro. Also in the building: USF's 6'5" Dominique "DoJo" Jones, who Fred Kerber says is "in the mix", and Duke's 6'8" PF Lance Thomas. They ran drills, played a bit of three-on-three and talked to the team and media. Thomas, from Scotch Plains and St. Benedicts Prep, may not have an NBA game, but he has a habit of winning. Sanders' length (7'6" wingspan) and Gallon's heft (300 pounds) are among the things that impressed.
- Nets Basketball on Twitter - Twitter
- Jersey native Lance Thomas works our for Nets - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
Nets take look at South Florida star - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets work out 'Tiny' player from Oklahoma - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
'Jersey guy' Thomas works out with Nets - Julian Garcia - The InterNets
NETS: Nets Open 2010 Draft Workouts with Jones, Gallon, Sanders - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Tiny Gallon Interview (Video) - New Jersey Nets
- Dominique Jones Interview (Video) - New Jersey Nets
- Larry Sanders Interview (Video) - New Jersey Nets