With hours to go before free agency, workers scurried to finish the "Blueprint for Greatness" billboard at 34th and 8th....22 stories of sheer audacity....across from Madison Square Garden. Meanwhile, the Nets showed off their version of the promotion.
As the day wore on, more and more media gaped and gasped at Mikhail Prokhorov and Jay-Z pushing their faces into the board rooms of Cablevision, the Knicks corporate parent. The in-your-face message wasn't lost on Jim Dolan, the Knicks' owner. He called Jay-Z and the NBA to complain...to no avail. The league had no problem with the promotion.
- Nets Throw First Bucket of Paint at Knicks - Howard Beck - New York Times
- Irked Dolan calls Jay-Z about sign - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Knicks annoyed by Jay-Z, Mikhail Prokhorov 'blueprint for greatness' billboard - Julian Garcia
- Nets Flex Their Muscles as LeBron Sweepstakes Begin - Scott Cacciola - Wall Street Journal
- Intense Russian Advertecture Haunts MSG - Joey - Curbed
- Mikhail Prokhorov, Jay-Z Manhattan Billboard Literally Stares Down Knicks - Tom Ziller - FanHouse
- Mikhail Prokhorov Continues To Be More Awesome Than Your Owner - Andrew Sharp - SB Nation
- Mikhail Prokhorov Buys Space on a Very Specific Manhattan Billboard - Joe Lessio - New York Magazine
- Will Mikhail Prokhorov's Midtown Nets billboard pay dividends? - Kyle Koster - Chicago Sun-Times
Nets free agent pitch will have a little hip-hop - Tom Canavan - AP