Adrian Wojnarowski says the word is out, from the highest sources: the Nets are a "serious contender" for the services of the world's best basketball player and the big reason remains the big guy, the billionaire, the owner.
According to Wojnarowski, "The self-made mogul has carefully crafted a detailed and daring plan to make LeBron James a billionaire. The Nets will show him the map of the world, where the mogul has gone in China and India and Russia to make his billions and convince James that there’s a blueprint here for him too."
In fact, he reports that Jim Dolan is so upset by the audaciousness of the "Blueprint for Greatness" billboard outside his office window at 34th and 8th he's called the league offices to protest.
- Mogul making: Prokhorov sells LeBron - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
- Knicks, Nets to LeBron: See the future - Chris Sheridan - ESPN New York
- Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
Nets’ Pitch is All About Timing - John Schuhmann - NBA.com
- LeBron James to the New Jersey Nets: Pros and Cons - Daniel Marks - DIME
- NETS: 2010 Free Agency Preview - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Mikhail Prokhorov Continues To Be More Awesome Than Your Owner - Andrew Sharp - SB Nation