hile the Post wrote early Thursday that Tom Thibodeau was "almost guaranteed to wind up with the Bulls," Yahoo! Sports later reported that the Celtics' assistant was still considering the Bulls and the Nets. Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears write that Thibodeau is "trying to buy time to meet with officials from Chicago and New Jersey" because "sources say he prefers those jobs over the Hornets, but those teams have yet to make an offer to him."
Meanwhile, ESPN is reporting the Hornets won't enforce their deadline and the Bulls are looking at a variety of candidates besides Thibodeau, including Kevin McHale...and Lawrence Frank. Still, the general sense is that Thibodeau will ultimately choose Chicago and Avery Johnson is the favorite in New Jersey.
Danny Ainge, the Celtic GM, said he has given permission for the Bulls, Hornets, Nets and Clippers to talk to Thibodeau and all but Los Angeles have made contact.
- Rivers OK with Thibodeau's Bulls meeting - Adrian Wojnarowski & Marc J. Spears - Yahoo! Sports
- Source: Hornets don't enforce deadline, wait for Tom Thibodeau to answer coaching offer - Marc Stein - ESPN
Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Avery Johnson still the favorite to coach New Jersey Nets, but Rod Thorn has Tom Thibodeau on list - Julian Garcia
- Celtics Assistant Thibodeau In High Demand - Reuters
- Bulls met with Thibodeau twice - Mike McGraw - Chicago Daily Herald
- Tom Thibodeau: Makes strong impression on Chicago Bulls - K.C. Johnson - Chicago Tribune
- Bulls' coach search: Celtics' Thibodeau might be their man - John Jackson - Chicago Sun-Times
Thibodeau weighs options with Hornets job still on table - Ken Trahan - New Orleans.com
It's Getting Old - At the Hive