Starting Tuesday afternoon, Chris Douglas-Roberts has been happily tweeting about some big news, adding "FTD". Chad Ford reported Tuesday the Nets and Bucks were in "serious negotiations" on a trade that would send CDR to Milwaukee for a second round pick. "FTD"? "Fear the Deer".
After initial reports that the pick would be one of the ones the Bucks have on Thursday, it has been determined that it will be a second rounder in 2012. The deal will be announced after the Draft, perhaps Friday. With the trade, the Nets would have 10 picks in the next three drafts, including two firsts and two seconds in 2012.
The Nets must exercise an $854,000 option before the trade can go down. The deal would save the Nets $380,000 on its salary cap.
Douglas-Roberts, taken at #40 in the 2008 draft, averaged 9.8 ppg and 3.0 rpg in 67 games this past season, including 38 as a starter. During one eight game stretch in the team's record-setting losing streak, CDR averaged 20.9 ppg with games of 25, 27 and 31. However, his comments on Twitter during the losing streak got him fined and later benched by Kiki Vandeweghe.
On hearing the rumor, Terrence Williams tweeted his surprise and wished his teammate well, saying "now just prove them wrong."
Nets Draft Primer - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Tuesday Night Draft Buzz - Chad Ford - ESPN
- Chris Douglas-Roberts Traded to Bucks - Bethlehem Shoals - FanHouse
Bucks looking for another deal - Gary Woelfel - Racine Journal-Times
- Bucks reportedly acquiring Douglas-Roberts from Nets - Frank Madden - Brew Hoop
- C-U, CDR - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Nets on verge of dealing Douglas-Roberts to Bucks for future pick - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
- Douglas-Roberts to the Bucks? - Dave Heller - Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Break it Down: What the Chris Douglas-Roberts / Bucks Trade Means for Both Teams - Daniel Marks - DIME