It's time for LeBron James to heal his psychic and physical wounds. But soon enough, his impending free agency is likely to dominate the airwaves. It's already started and could even drown out the buzz from the playoffs.
A couple of ESPN analysts, Skip Bayless and Avery Johnson, are already on the record saying they believe that the Nets are the leading candidate to secure his services this summer. Of course, Johnson just might have ulterior motives. Mikhail Prokhorov and Jay-Z met recently to discuss the Nets future...and that discussion had to include James' future. For the most part, though, the speculation about where LeBron will land centers on the Knicks and the Bulls as well as the Cavaliers. And there's the odious new Daily News website, GetLeBron.com.
No matter what his final destination may be, Adrian Wojnarowski predicts a lot of manipulation by the King will precede the decision and it may not be good for James or the league.
- LeBron trades one drama for another - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
LeBron James is not worth Knicks groveling over - Steve Politi - Star-Ledger
- The game plan doesn't change in a day - Henry Abbott - TrueHoop
- Your Handy Guide for Coping With 2010 Free Agency - Bethlehem Shoals - FanHouse
- Don’t Bet on LeBron Leaving - Thomas Van Riper - Forbes
- Suicide lines: LeBron, LeBron, LeBron, some other guys, LeBron - Trey Kerby - Yahoo! Sports