The Bucks have been among the hottest teams in the NBA since the All-Star Break, their defense helping their quick offense. But Milwaukee has lost Andrew Bogut, a big part of both, to injury. He's done for the season with a broken right hand, dislocated elbow and sprained wrist. Bogut has been particularly effective against the Nets. He's averaged 20.3 points, 8.3 rebounds and 2.0 blocks in three games, while shooting 71% from the floor. Ersan Ilyasova, 17 points and 7 boards, picked up some of the slack in the Bucks' 79-74 victory Tuesday over the Bulls. The Bucks clinched a playoff spot.
For the Nets, this is the first of their last five opportunities to get beyond the second worst record in NBA history. At the same time, they're looking forward to next year and a new owner who seems ready to make a big splash.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Milwaukee Bucks Game Notes - Milwaukee Bucks
- Getting Inside - Sports Xchange - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Milwaukee Bucks - Sports Xchange
- Nets-Bucks Preview - Stats
Nets excited about Prokhorov's willingness to spend - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets looking forward to brighter future with new owner - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
- Nets like the forecast - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Prokhorov's dough a big selling point for Harris - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- Andrew Bogut's Season-Ending Injury Is Depressing, And Not Just For Bucks Fans - Mike Prada - SB Nation
Milwaukee looks to avoid letdown against improving Nets - Frank Madden - Brew Hoop
Mother of Nets president Thorn dies at 90 - Julian Garcia - The Internets